Attending a 23 contact hours training program in project management for the CAPM is one of the three mandatory conditions to apply for the CAPM certification exam if you don’t have any project management work experience.
If you have at least 1,500 hours of project management work experience, you don’t need any training; you can apply for the CAPM exam straight away.
I have been asked many times by visitors to my blog to provide them with good online, cheap training programs for the CAPM exam, and I used to respond to them individually by email.
Most of the time I was recommending they try the PMP training program as it will serve two purposes.
For example if you attend a 35 contact hours training program, you can apply for the CAPM exam, and in the future if you apply for the PMP exam, you can do so without attending any more training.
Anyway there are still many professionals who want the CAPM specific training, so today I am writing this blog post for those professionals so they can find a good quality and low cost online CAPM exam training program.
I am not saying that attending a 23 contact hours training program is worthless; in fact, it has its own advantages, such as:
- The training will be specific to the CAPM exam
- You will get many CAPM exam practice questions
- You can try one or more CAPM mock tests
- You receive other CAPM exam specific material, tips and tricks
Finally, it is your decision to select the right choice for you.
Okay, let’s get started.
23 Contact Hours CAPM Training Programs
Here I’m going to provide you with two CAPM training programs from where you can earn your 23 contact hours.
These training programs are 100% online and self-paced so you can complete them at your ease.
InSite by Velociteach
This course is developed by Mr. Andy Crowe who is a world famous PMP Guru who has written several best-selling books on PMP and CAPM exam preparation.
A few features of this product are as follows:
- The course offers 23 contact hours of video and audio tutorials, practice exams, exercises and more.
- 500 test questions which are graded by knowledge area and process group
- Contains a process explorer application to help navigate through and fully understand the inputs, tools, and outputs of all 47 processes
- Certificate of Completion for 23 contact hours with our REP number
- Accessible 24/7 on any computer, laptop or mobile device as long as you have an internet connection
- Available in 1 month, 3 month or 6 month subscriptions
Master of Project Academy
This is the cheapest 23 contact hours CAPM training program I have ever seen. This course is offered by the Master of Project Academy which is PMI approved REP.
I have selected this course because of five reasons:
- It is very cheap. The price of this course is 99.50 USD, which is the cheapest option.
- The course covers the complete PMBOK Guide.
- It gives you 600 practice questions and one mock test, which means 750 CAPM exam practice questions.
- Access is online and self-paced.
- It has a 30 day money back guarantee.
So if you are looking for the lowest cost 23 contact hours training program, you can buy this course.
Please note that the regular cost of this course is 199.00 USD, however with coupon code “CAPM50OFF” you can buy it at a 50% discount.
PMTraining, which was previously known as PM Perfect, is a very famous training provider for PMI certification exams. They are a PMI approved REP and have been providing training to project professionals for many years.
The course costs 349 USD and the access is for 90 days. The course includes many quizzes and practices questions.
Upon completing the course you can download your 23 contact hours training completion certification.
There are many programs available on the internet which may provide you with 23 contact hours for the CAPM certification exam. However, here I have given you only two programs. These programs are cheap, completely online and self-paced. Since the CAPM is an entry level exam, you should not spend a lot of money on costly training programs. Pass the CAPM exam, get some experience, and then apply for the PMP exam.
(Please note that none of the above training course is personally reviewed by me. Read the disclaimer.)